Saturday 23 March 2013

Why does it always snow on me?

Newhaven training ride cancelled due to the terrible weather and all I felt was guilt. So when Dan Brooke kept insisting on braving the snow I couldn't say no. That and my wife accusing me of "wimping out". It was cold, wet, snowing and my goggles kept steaming up so I couldn't see. But we managed 3 laps of Richmond Park - enough to feel a bit virtuous. But my feet were soaking when I got home despite supposedly waterproof overshoes, and I have an inexplicable break in the skin of my right knee, which I can only assume is due to pedalling so hard. That's my story anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Not much better this morning. Horizontal snow! Will's coffee never tasted so good. Here's hoping we get paid back with sun all the way to the Eiffel Tower!

    ReplyDelete