Monday 22 April 2013

Warm weather training


So I've just got back from 2 weeks in Florida. With London to Paris getting ever closer, I was concerned about missing out on training. So I did a lot of running out there, and I hired a bike for a day and did a 45 mile ride.

I was happy to see my average speed increase by 2mph more than usual. Much as I'd like to convince myself this was due to the hire bike being carbon and therefore offering me unarguable proof of the necessity of upgrading my bike, I put it down more to a complete lack of traffic lights and roundabouts on the island where we were staying, meaning no slowing down and getting back up to speed. It was also completely flat, aside from a bridge on the causeway, just about visible in the background of the last picture below.

And surely riding in warm sunshine is easier than the ride I did the weekend before my holiday, a few laps of Richmond Park with the wind driving snow into my face so hard it hurt!





No comments:

Post a Comment